Thursday, February 04, 2010

Pants on the ground...

I LOVE American Idol! It's kind of weird not to have Fred here this year to watch it with. Anyway, a couple weeks ago they showed a 62 year old man at the end of the show singing a song (the video is posted below) called "Pants on the Ground." It's basically a song promoting belts. So funny! It's amazing how many discussions we have in this house about pants (or maybe not so amazing). My common line when someone walks in the door (sagging... which is pretty much every day) is to explain that pants have to be belted at the waist when they are in this house and then I ask them if they understand where sagging originated from. They say yes... and then we continue to have the same discussion day after day. I could go on and on about sagging... but I'll stop. It drives me crazy! So... back to American Idol... that's a big reason I loved the "Pants on the Ground" song. Another reason I love the song is because one of the guys we have the most "sagging" issues with came home from school the other day singing that very song! I couldn't believe it. I'm really hoping the words start to sink in.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Babe, I promise not to sagg too much anymore, just a little bit :)

Audrey Woita said...

loved this video....we're singing "pants on da ground".

Michael and Mandy said...

I agree with Simon, that has the potential to be a hit. Mike