Friday, April 09, 2010

One of those weeks...

Has it been since Monday that I last posted?? Wow... it's been a full week... full of great parts and hard parts. We are so happy that Propositions Y and S passed on Tuesday!! Means a lot for our school district. We are also thrilled that I'm at 35 weeks and doing great! My appointment yesterday went well. I did have to have my blood drawn to test for low iron (thanks to everyone who said something about my ice craving... had no idea that could be related to iron)... but I'm so much better about needles now!

It's amazing how different life is now compared to when I was pregnant with Carter. I would go to work and come home... now I'm chasing an almost 4 year old, trying to keep up with 3 teenagers, and a photography business. We also still have a lot of contact with a good number of the kids who have lived here at different times... can't believe we've had 11 here in 3 1/2 years (that's not even counting the huge list of boys we've had this year that are possible candidates)! Anyway, it has been an emotional week here at the house. There's a lot that we can't ever say about the lives of our guys (past and present)... but it's a sometimes devastating road we walk with them. I never realized how much of their pain we would feel... and we've felt pain this week. It just makes me so thankful for this place that these guys can call home and still come home to.

And... because I hate to do a post without pictures... I thought I'd include these two totally unrelated photos of Carter. Dan took these on Easter morning. LOVE them!




1 comment:

Audrey Woita said...

sorry for your pain, sister. you are making a HUGE difference in so many lives. Praise GOD for willingness to be used.
So happy you are moving through week 35!