Sunday, April 04, 2010

The tomb is empty...

Easter was a little different for us this year. Partly because of this crazy stage of life we are in right now... but also because we have a child who now really understands the meaning of things. We've been working through The Children's Catechism with Carter for about a month now... and he has blown us away with his understanding of these questions. We keep asking ourselves why we waited this long to start going through it with him! Anyway, we are exhausted right now (partly Joe's Place and partly because I'm at the end of my 3rd trimester and can't sleep) so we decided not to do any of our own Easter egg/hunt/basket type things with Carter this year (MeganDunham actually tweeted about doing egg hunts on the first day of Spring instead of Easter... I think we'll try that next year if we're a little more on top of things). So... this morning before church we spent our time reading the Easter story, talking about it and making Resurrection Rolls. It was great... not something Dan and I probably would have taken the time to do if it were just the two of us. The Resurrection Rolls were awesome... they didn't work out quite like I had hoped (Carter thought we were eating Jesus and then the marshmallow didn't disappear because I took the rolls out too early )... but tonight Carter totally made the connection when Dan was putting him to bed. He said... "The marshmallow and Jesus are out of the tomb." Very cool! Here are a few pictures of our sweet little guy...

I can't believe we have a photography business and it took us until after church and lunch with friends to actually take a picture of Carter in his Easter outfit. Better than no picture at all I guess...



Carter on Palm Sunday... not the greatest picture but I wanted to post it because that's the 3rd year he's been able to wear that little coat (Here he is in 2008). He is so small!!



I also wanted to post a picture of a fun little Easter dessert. This is the second year I've made them... but I'm realizing now that I never did an Easter post last year. Anyway, I got the recipe off my friend Shannon's blog... they are super easy to make and actually don't taste that bad.

No comments: