Friday, May 23, 2008

I know it's the end of the school year when I find myself making a pot of coffee at 3:00 in the afternoon. I also know the end is near when I start to feel emotional about the guys going home for the summer. I mean... it's hard not to feel emotional when Fred walks in the door with this today...




He made the vase for Carter in ceramics this year. Here are some of his other projects (the shark is actually a tea pot... you pour the water through the eyes).

It's also been an exhausting couple of weeks because of the amount of people that have been in and out of the house. It's been good... but still exhausting. We had a third resident move in on Wednesday and we've had school board members from two different states visit in the last couple of weeks who want to start up similar programs like Joe's Place in their districts. We got to meet an incredible man today from Ohio. Sometimes it's hard not to get emotional when we talk about this program to other people who are passionate about the same thing. There is so much about this place that I can't talk about on the blog... but it has been a really incredible semester.

Here are some pics of the Carter-man from earlier this week. I couldn't upload any photos because of the darn download of summer pictures that was taking days. But in my exhaustion last night I shut down the computer with 500 pictures to go. Stinker (that's for you Steve)!!

Anyway... here he is:

No he's not sleeping... he's blinking while watching PBS
(we always said we would never let him watch TV... we were wrong).

See... he's alert.

Here's Moo Moo. My Aunt Gail got this for him at Christmas a year and a half ago and he hasn't left the crib since (he had special permission to leave the crib on this day).




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alyssa,
Can you email me? My email is
n _ christiansen AT att DOT net (remove spaces).

Thanks,
Nancy