Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This is one of our flow days. A day where are front door keeps opening and closing. Something at 11:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:30pm, 3:45pm and 6:00pm. It's just one of those days that I've gotten used to in the last year and a half of living here. A lot of people go in and out of this house during the week. Sometimes I feel like I am in a panic to make sure everything is dusted and all of Carter's toys are picked up off the floor. But then last week someone made a comment that surprised me. It was a woman dropping off a donation who I wasn't expecting. Our entry looked like this...
And do you know what she said? She looked in the house and said... "Now that's just beautiful." At first I was kind of confused but then I realized she was talking about all the toys thrown all over the floor. Then she repeated how beautiful it was and left. I guess I shouldn't worry about always being in such a hurry to make the house look perfect.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Obviously it's not comfortable to live in chaos and dirty, but I think you can relax a little and be comfortable with the honest truth...You live in a house with a little boy and a number of bigger boys. Your hands are full, your schedule packed. I would bet that most of the people who come to your home are usually much more gracious than you give them credit for. And, the truth is beautiful. So feel free to share it.