Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two little trains going down the track...

Everything I see is a verse out of one of Carter's books. When we were on vacation over spring break and I saw a sail boat... all I could think of was - "We'll find the way to a shimmering bay where sail boats race the day away." On our back into St. Louis last night I was thinking - "Back to the city at the end of the day where sunshine fades to purple gray."

When my mom was here in March she gave Carter a Margaret Wise Brown book called Two Little Trains. Carter LOVES it. I think I have it memorized. Anyway, Carter has this thing for trains. Even more of a thing for trains now than his truck thing. Every horn, whistle, or engine sound we hear is a choo choo. About a year ago my mom sent me a small part of our Brio train set from when I was little. It's been really fun to have and lately I've wished we had a train table for it. I mentioned that I was looking for one to my friend Julie (who is the reason for pretty much every good find I've ever gotten). She mentioned that to one of her friends who has older kids and is moving soon and that friend e-mailed me that she didn't have a train table but did have a Brio train set that she was going to sell on Craig's list. She wanted to know if I wanted it before she listed it. So... for $30.00 we got a huge amount of tracks and trains that go with set we already have. Carter has been going nuts over it. All that to say that the last few days I keep thinking... "Two little trains going down the track, two little trains going West. Puff, puff, puff and a chug, chug, chug... two little trains to the West."






2 comments:

Kate said...

Remember when those PJs were too big?

Erica said...

I think west is a fabulous direction for you to head!!! ;)