Thursday, May 01, 2008

Our Disaster (I mean day) at the Zoo

Shannon and I finally made it to the zoo with the kiddos yesterday in time to enjoy the free stuff. It was a beautiful day and the bears were out and looking extra cute.

Right after I took this picture I reached down to pick up Carter out of his stroller so he could have a look and noticed that he did not have the most important thing in his life. This...

Anyone who has met Carter knows this blanket is not far from him at any time. It is the only thing that will help him calm down and help him go to sleep. Shannon went ahead to the Merry-Go-Round with Lucy and Will while Carter and I turned around and booked it back towards the entrance. I couldn't find the blanket anywhere. I finally headed back towards our car which was halfway between the zoo and the boat house. In the distance I could see a trash can that was on the corner where we had parked. It looked like something was hanging out of it. As I got closer I realized it was Carter's blanket draped over the most disgusting trash can I have ever seen. If it had been anything else I probably would have thrown it away right then. I'm sure someone was just trying to be helpful... and really I am glad we found it. When I got home I washed it in hot water with Bleach, OxiClean and Tide.

We did make it back in time for the petting zoo to still be free. I guess we'll have to try for the Merry-Go-Round another time. Carter didn't really pet any of the goats... but he and Will had fun.

We think the poor guy is having growing pains and getting his molars all at the same time. After this he just wanted me to hold him or ride on my shoulders. Thankfully we made it back to the car in one piece.

Oh... if anyone happens to see a blanket like Carter's at a store somewhere... will you PLEASE buy one!! I've been looking online and can't find it. It is a Carter's brand and is silky on one side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can sympathize with Carter....I would be devastated if anything happened to my blanket!