Saturday, February 28, 2009

Talking with Lexie

It's really hard to live so far from family. It's become even harder since we've had Carter. We want him to grow up knowing his family... but it takes a little more explaining when we see everyone so infrequently. Since we were in California in October he has really started to (pretty much) remember who people are. He actually thought he saw his Uncle Scott (my younger sister's husband) at a party we were at tonight. He shyly leaned over to me and pointed to a man sitting on the floor and said... "Uncle Cott?" I told him it sure looked like Uncle Scott but that it wasn't. It made me sad. Lately he has really been talking a lot about his cousin Lexie (my twin sister's daughter). It doesn't matter who he is talking to on the phone... he always asks them if he can talk to Lexie (this morning he asked Dan's mom... who lives in a different state). Anyway, this afternoon we finally connected with his beloved Lexie (she is 8). Here are some pics of him talking to her... I finally had to cut him off because we had to leave... but I'm sure he could have talked to her for another hour.

This picture is a good example of their conversations. Carter shows Lexie a truck and she tries to explain to him that you can't see things over the phone...






This is a little blurry... but I just couldn't leave out what he was wearing.




2 comments:

Morgan said...

We love skype! We talk to Eric's brother, Scott, and his family all the time. I actually told Cari today that we need to set up a skype date. Does Erica have it?

Alyssa said...

We love Skype as well! The only hard part is connecting with family when we are all at home! It's so nice to be able to talk face to face!