Sunday, February 22, 2009

Carter has been pretty sick since Thursday. I actually can't remember the last time he was this sick. He's just one of those kids that ends up with croup every time he gets any sort of virus. I hate it... although it's not nearly as scary as it used to be. I still remember the first time I took him to the ER because of it. He was 5 months old and wasn't coughing anymore by the time we got there. I've since learned that we could have just stood in the bathroom with the shower running for 20 minutes... or sat on the front porch in the cool air. Although 7 months later I still had not learned my lesson. I'm pretty sure that was the last ER visit... for several reasons. The main one being that I accidentally took him to the hospital that our insurance did not cover. It took us a year to pay off that bill... a bill that once again could have been prevented if we just would have just stood in the bathroom with the hot shower running!! If only I would have known then what I do now. I did take him to his doctor Friday morning. The medicine she prescribed has been slowly kicking in.

Now to the main reason for the post... Our friend, Erik, heard Carter was sick and stopped by yesterday to cheer Carter up with this little duck (the duck is actually watching Bob the Builder with Carter right now). Erik was on his lunch break from work and walked half a mile in the freezing cold to bring the duck here. He then stayed and played trucks with Carter for about 30 minutes. Carter was thrilled!



Erik was actually one of the first people to ever hold Carter. Here he is at the hospital with Carter right after he was born.



Thanks, Erik... for making Carter's day!

2 comments:

Audrey Woita said...

What a dear friend Erik is to you and your wonderful Carter! Truly a servant!

Amy said...

He has so many wonderful big brothers. What a blessed little guy!